Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-18-2005 12:15 PM

smash Wrote:Sorry Sothern Florida - it looks bad for you all. I was really hoping this would fizzle out... or at least stay south.

Someone here said it's looking like it will maintain hurricane status across Florida, and will be going back out in the Atlantic. Being a complete newbie, I can't really understand the water temp maps. Is the Atlantic warm enough to reinforce the storm after crossing land? Or will it likely just decrease to a TD and stay that way?

No the water temps are still pretty high ont he atlantic side but the front will push her away from any land and cause her to become extra tropical.

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-18-2005 12:24 PM

Just ran the new CMC and it jumped way north and is not showing it make landfall in the run.

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-18-2005 12:32 PM

yeah i seen that. they are focused on like sarasota now. Rollie us in florida value your opinion where is she going? I am saying that the GFDL is probably closest to the correct run

Wilma main thread - SiStAtWiStA - 10-18-2005 12:32 PM

I agree with Tide, Wilma is going to go much further north than currently forecasted. I believe she will remain a Florida storm however my guess is between Tallahassee and the Ocala area. With the low pressure system over California moving more northeast than east, I think Wilma will be pulled further north. Consensus?

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-18-2005 12:38 PM

SiStAtWiStA Wrote:I agree with Tide, Wilma is going to go much further north than currently forecasted. I believe she will remain a Florida storm however my guess is between Tallahassee and the Ocala area. With the low pressure system over California moving more northeast than east, I think Wilma will be pulled further north. Consensus?

I hate to agree BUT...i agree!!
I think i will stay on the easy side but still it will be our first hit this year.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-18-2005 12:38 PM

Here are the latest positions cone error strike probabilities as of 11:00AM EST by the NHC and the latest model runs as of 18/12Z

Wilma main thread - ROLLTIDE - 10-18-2005 12:42 PM

Models

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-18-2005 12:43 PM

um... you see that little yellow line...I think that pulls it through my hometown....Lake Placid. I wonder what my dad is going to do about the nursery....

Wilma main thread - ROLLTIDE - 10-18-2005 12:52 PM

my first call. This is subject to change alot over the next couple of days .

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-18-2005 12:56 PM

okay, well that is North of me....which is good but that puts me on the bad side of the storm if she comes in even a few miles south of that call....Well, bob, llarion and the others of you in my area - I guess we better get ready now rather than wait till it could be too late.