Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-18-2005 01:30 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:okay, well that is North of me....which is good but that puts me on the bad side of the storm if she comes in even a few miles south of that call....Well, bob, llarion and the others of you in my area - I guess we better get ready now rather than wait till it could be too late.

People still can say what they want but I have not found a storm yet that took a righthand batman turn that quick. I still beleive the trough will come down and start pulling Wilma more N. So i beleive the models will began shifting more N either late tonight or tomorrow. When the models FIRST began hinting on this it took it to the big bend. And this looks more like a Ivan track than a Mitch or Charlie. But we will see.

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-18-2005 01:37 PM

Alabamaboy Wrote:People still can say what they want but I have not found a storm yet that took a righthand batman turn that quick. I still beleive the trough will come down and start pulling Wilma more N. So i beleive the models will began shifting more N either late tonight or tomorrow. When the models FIRST began hinting on this it took it to the big bend. And this looks more like a Ivan track than a Mitch or Charlie. But we will see.

Yeah that is a pretty intense right huh!
:rofl:

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-18-2005 01:38 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:okay, well that is North of me....which is good but that puts me on the bad side of the storm if she comes in even a few miles south of that call....Well, bob, llarion and the others of you in my area - I guess we better get ready now rather than wait till it could be too late.

I am certainly watching it but im not going into "hurricane mode" yet i do see a danger for us and i know we should be mindful. I Think that Thursday will be the determining factor becuase if she continues on this path that will most likey be the day watches are issued. I am making sure i have batteries though just in case

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-18-2005 01:40 PM

Where is Plant City?

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-18-2005 01:42 PM

bobbo4554 Wrote:I am certainly watching it but im not going into "hurricane mode" yet i do see a danger for us and i know we should be mindful. I Think that Thursday will be the determining factor becuase if she continues on this path that will most likey be the day watches are issued. I am making sure i have batteries though just in case

Watches and warnings should go up when she clears the channel. And at 8mph that will be about late wed or early thurs morning

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-18-2005 01:43 PM

TallahasseeLassie Wrote:Where is Plant City?

About 20-30 miles East of Tampa

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-18-2005 01:46 PM

TallahasseeLassie Wrote:Yeah that is a pretty intense right huh!
:rofl:

look at the GFDL and how smooth of a curve it takes im still calling that the one to watch

Wilma main thread - Tireman4 - 10-18-2005 02:01 PM

Bob,

Since I can't send emails to you, when you finish your AS, where are you are transferring to? What met school will go to, if you do?

The Wilma Thread,

I am almost 99 percent sure ( The local mets back me up here) that the Houston-Galveston area is in the clear. I would love for it to fizzle out in the waters but,..............

Wilma main thread - ROLLTIDE - 10-18-2005 02:05 PM

Tireman4 Wrote:Bob,

Since I can't send emails to you, when you finish your AS, where are you are transferring to? What met school will go to, if you do?

The Wilma Thread,

I am almost 99 percent sure ( The local mets back me up here) that the Houston-Galveston area is in the clear. I would love for it to fizzle out in the waters but,..............

Tireman go to usercp and send Bob a PM

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-18-2005 02:09 PM

bobbo4554 Wrote:look at the GFDL and how smooth of a curve it takes im still calling that the one to watch

yeah well, in that case - Bob, you want to come hunker down with me?