Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-19-2005 01:21 PM

Sorry for the posting delay but here is the latest positions cone error and strike probabilities as of 11:00AM EST by the NHC

Wilma main thread - starfish - 10-19-2005 01:23 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:Wow, this is just well, unbelievable. Never did I think I would ever see this in a season. Just when I thought we were done and never expected to see another Cat 5 and then not only that but to fly past Rita and Katrina and even then Gilbert. *sits here scratching head* stunned. I, well, don't know what to say except I will be just watching today. Needing to know when she is going to make that turn because that will determine how prepared I need to be.

I must confess I didn't even see this coming either. I thought ok, maybe a 4, but I really wasn't expecting a 5 at all. When I went to bed she was still a cat 2. Next thing I know, I am cleaning rooms (I work in a hotel) around 9:30, turn the TV on, and see that not only is it cat 5, but that it also dropped to 882 mb. I'm still waiting for those winds to get stronger than 175 mph. With that pressure, we should be breaking wind speed records. When I saw Wilma's pressure, I literally said "Wow" out loud though I was by myself. I usually don't talk out loud to myself Big Grin.

As if that isn't enough, the track still has Wilma aiming for somewhere awfully close to where my aunt lives, which is in Cape Coral next to Ft.Myers. I feel like sending a map of Wilma and her forecast with two labeled points - "strongest hurricane on record in the Atlantic" and "your house" (referring to my aunt's). I wonder if that will get her thinking.

Wilma main thread - ironpirate - 10-19-2005 01:24 PM

Well Katie and Bobbo, We thought we were going to escape this year, Didn't we? I sure hope this doesn't do a Charlie. My neighbors move back in from Charlie damage on the 21st. This one gets scarier every report.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-19-2005 01:27 PM

it looks as iff our little friend Wilma just completed and EWRC. That could explain the somwhat lopsided eye motion and the bit of cloud gap near the center for the past hour or so.

The only factor i can think of is will the system hit the Yucatan?
And how much of a northerly component will occur when it crosses Florida?

Bottom line
Florida will deal with a l;andfalling Hurricane, possibly a major cane.
I live on the east cost near the Melbourne NWS, schools released notice of possible closing on friday and monday.

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-19-2005 01:27 PM

i thought we were goning to get by this season. the LBAR (yellow line) is what keeps scaring me cause that thing has not budged off of Hillsborough county thats whats got me worried all we can do is watch and wait

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-19-2005 01:29 PM

URNT12 KNHC 191822
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 19/18:06:20Z
B. 17 deg 24 min N
083 deg 23 min W
C. 700 mb 2149 m
D. 75 kt
E. 29 deg 008 nm
F. 111 deg 128 kt
G. 023 deg 002 nm
H. EXTRAP 894 mb
I. 12 C/ 3058 m
J. 20 C/ 3028 m
K. 15 C/ NA
L. CLOSED WALL
M. C4
N. 12345/ 7
O. 0.02 / 1 nm
P. AF300 0824A WILMA OB 11
MAX FL WIND 128 KT N QUAD 18:05:40 Z
SLP EXTRAP FROM 700 MB

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-19-2005 01:29 PM

ironpirate Wrote:Well Katie and Bobbo, We thought we were going to escape this year, Didn't we? I sure hope this doesn't do a Charlie. My neighbors move back in from Charlie damage on the 21st. This one gets scarier every report.

I really hope we are wrong - all of us - with exception of Kratzerjd...only becuase he thinks Mexico will get it!!

Seriously, my head hurts. I mean, I think I am still mentally exhausted from Katrina and Rita and hell all the other brothers and sisters this year. I am to the point of now - well, jsut wake me up after she passes and hopefully, I will wake up to sunny skies and no damage.

The local news is STILL not talking about it. WHich bothers me a bit.

Wilma main thread - Daniel294 - 10-19-2005 01:32 PM

LI Phil Wrote:i've never seen anything like this "loop de loop" she's pulling...also looks like she's heading west of her forecast...make sure to check the box "TROP FCST PTS"

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-wv-loop.html
Notice that the blue is going away... so... that's good at least.

Wilma main thread - ironpirate - 10-19-2005 01:34 PM

Fox news is showing I-4 here in Lake Mary saying the traffic is from evacuees already leaving the coast. The latest just came over the news, she's still cat 5. I've got to work a train north tomorrow and I'll be coming back in on Sat. morning. To late to bug out if necessary. I'll hunker down like in Charlie if she comes farther North into Central Florida.

Wilma main thread - barbarajeffries - 10-19-2005 01:42 PM

Is the "loop-de-loop motion the trochoidal oscillation? Looks like cloud tops are warming.