Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-19-2005 09:45 PM

I knew that NW was a wobble and this confirms it.

Wilma main thread - starfish - 10-19-2005 09:46 PM

I sent this to my aunt.

Do you think it gets the point across? :biggrin:

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-19-2005 09:47 PM

HurricaneWilma Wrote:i think the trough will miss the storm. then what? you still rule out LA/Ms/AL when that happens ???

One trough has already pulled more to the N. The one coming thru the Great Lakes will be the player for Wilma. Will it come and pick it up or will it miss the trough?

Wilma main thread - ironpirate - 10-19-2005 09:53 PM

Starfish, You got the point across I'm sure. Hell, You got me wanting to pack up and go.

Wilma main thread - sircane - 10-19-2005 09:58 PM

SO is it possible we could get hit up here on the Northern Gulf Coast? I've written it off but now after hearing Brett......

Wilma main thread - skywatcher from GR3 - 10-19-2005 10:00 PM

Yeah, someone tell me too.

Wilma main thread - kmkd - 10-19-2005 10:01 PM

is NO really out of the question??

Wilma main thread - HoumaLA_WXguy - 10-19-2005 10:03 PM

HurricaneWilma Wrote:i think the trough will miss the storm. then what? you still rule out LA/Ms/AL when that happens ???

I think that it's a gamble... it always is. No one knows for sure where these storms will go. But, we can look at trends weather patterns, and atmospheric data, and make a "educated guess". I think that there's a 80% chance that this storm will be steered by the trough. We'll have to wait and see.

Travis

Wilma main thread - CoastieMoose - 10-19-2005 10:07 PM

hello.....since so many of you are wondering where wilma is going...i strongly think Tampa Bay are is long overdue and should prepare now. ironically on october 25 1921 (a tuesday..and even more ironically so is this tues too) was the last time a hurricane made landfall in pinellas county. made landfall in tarpon springs (10 miles north of me). even more puzzling is the 1921 hurricane trackline to wilma's blue spagetti guess (forgot the actual name, but noticed since wilma formed it hasnt much changed. takes the storm right over pinellas county again.) TITAN (wfts tampa bay) has been very accurate with its projections in the past with these baby's and takes wilma over venice area...all speculation i know.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/general/lib/lib1/nhclib/1921.pdf

the link for the weather report of the tampa bay hurricane in '21, see pages 6 thru 9. some neat ways to read how they did it back then. the 1921 hurricane set all kinds of records too. (lowest recorded barometric reading at 28.81 in., highest tide at 10.5ft)

some really interesting reading if you like historical weather..and how they did it back in the old days...without technology.

time to throw a PARTY i guess..

Wilma main thread - HoumaLA_WXguy - 10-19-2005 10:09 PM

20 miles on either side of Tampa was my guess too..