Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - dav3910 - 10-20-2005 10:26 PM

Watching CNN. There saying the NHC had a confrence at 11 saying that it's really up in the air about where the storm will go. Something about the winds not being strong enough or it being too powerful. Can't remember it all but it doesn't sound good.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-20-2005 10:42 PM

Here are the latest positions cone error and strike probabilities as of 11:00PM EST by the NHC

Wilma main thread - imaprincess1 - 10-20-2005 11:09 PM

Why is it that all the models say that the hurricane will go to Florida?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Wilma main thread - soonermeteor - 10-20-2005 11:50 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

that cant be good

glad i went to cancun this summer

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-21-2005 12:14 AM

Here are the latest model runs as of 21/00Z

Wilma main thread - mike18xx - 10-21-2005 01:06 AM

katiebuglj Wrote:
mike18xx Wrote:forecast: Wilma will trundle slowly toward and possibly over Cozemal, then stall for about a day, then slowly begin moving ENE or due east toward western Cuba (rather than slingshotting northeast). The new annular structure of the hurricane will prevent significant weakening is at least half of the eye remains over water while grazing the Yucatan.
okay, and then what? You were pretty dead on for Rita as far as her strengthening....just curious what else you are thinking.....
Right now, my hunch is Coz, then the northeastern tip of the Y (without much weakening, since the eye is huge and the northeastern Y is like a single slice of pizza cut out of the ocean); when weakening occurs will be due to increasing shear, not land interaction. Track: I think she's going to tear the purple snotted crap out of northwestern Cuba, with the eye either going right along the whole length of the "dipper handle" and over Havana, or just to the north, on a general heading toward the Bahamas. Key West could be in the north side (weak) side of the eyewall, and get a good pounding too.

...that's the way I see it at the moment.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-21-2005 02:26 AM

Here are the latest model runs as of 21/06Z

Wilma main thread - soonermeteor - 10-21-2005 04:11 AM

looks like she might just miss the yucatan, that would be such a blessing for those people, but bad news for us.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-21-2005 04:13 AM

Here are the latest positions cone error and strike probabilities as of 5:00AM EST by the NHC

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-21-2005 05:20 AM

Cancun Radar