Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - TallahasseeLassie - 10-21-2005 02:16 PM

That gives me the chills!
The entire island is in the eye!

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-21-2005 02:20 PM

TallahasseeLassie Wrote:That gives me the chills!
The entire island is in the eye!

and sadly this is where most lives will be lost because they will have a long period of calm and many people will venture out to see what is damaged and what is going on and they will get caught up in the other part of the storm. I can only imagine what it is like there god be with them. I hope it is weaker before it slams florida.

Its beginning to pour here in hillsborough county if this is a sign of things to come we'll be floating by tuesday.

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-21-2005 02:34 PM

bobbo4554 Wrote:and sadly this is where most lives will be lost because they will have a long period of calm and many people will venture out to see what is damaged and what is going on and they will get caught up in the other part of the storm. I can only imagine what it is like there god be with them. I hope it is weaker before it slams florida..

Sorry, but I got no sympathy whatsover for the idiots who start walking around if it gets momentarily quiet/still. There is no excuse for that sort of retarded behaviour. They've had many days to prepare/get out, many days to consider things, and should be well aware of the basic 'rules' to follow during a storm.
---
Meanwhile, indeed, we have a strong Cat'3/4 bashing the hell out of the Yuc' area, and I would think the storm may even come to a momentary 2-3 hour 'halt' sometime this evening.

Calrissian: awaiting the turn to the right

Wilma main thread - LI Phil - 10-21-2005 02:35 PM

pic of the eye passing over the north part of the island

[Image: VIS.jpg]

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-21-2005 02:50 PM

I was just reflecting, that right now...the whole Coz' area...
surrounded by a waves of 40-60ft...

see: http://www.oceanweather.com/data/Gulf-of-Mexico/WAVE000.GIF

The video footage from this area will be 'interesting'...although I doubt we get much until late Sunday.
----
Well, just another 70mins until next NHC report, would think Wilma will be down another notch to 3mph speed. Frighteningly slow.

Wilma main thread - LI Phil - 10-21-2005 02:57 PM

Calrissian Wrote:I was just reflecting, that right now...the whole Coz' area...
surrounded by a waves of 40-60ft...

on top of storm surge of 20-25 feet

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-21-2005 02:59 PM

the loop of the GOES floater IR she looks as if shes not sure if she wants to actually make landfall or not these next probably 24 hours is what us in FL have to watch

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-21-2005 03:15 PM

Here are the latest model runs as of 21/18Z

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-21-2005 03:24 PM

Ahhh. those model runs are a relief....

They are tightly clustered around the NHC track again. Thank God for that!

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-21-2005 03:26 PM

Re: waves.
yes, I believe its 40ft (well, in some areas) + the storm surge of 15-20ft. Unimaginable, and for 3 hours+.
--

Am looking at the past 2 frames..looks like Wilma is resisting the coast, certainly some distinct Northward movement. Could just be yet another irrevelent wobble, but still. another hour or so of this..and Wilma will be looking much more secure in maintaining its integrity.