Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-21-2005 08:16 PM

Chris48 Wrote:Bob, if the GFDL model holds true, i will get the eye on the east cost as a strong 2 minimum 3.

I dissagree with the LBAR, however i do feel the system will move sooner then the NHC says and further north.

NHC I think will change their track at 11 to a little faster, strgoner and more northerly.

Also, the latest sat images show a SW job of the eye as it encounters land.

i noticed the SE jog actually as the eye makes landfall(or tries to) this storm just for some reason will not hit this landmass i have never seen anything like this

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-21-2005 08:34 PM

Ahhh, in the last frame..before I 'fade away', the eye has taken a little move to the SE. Hmm. interesting, and yet another little piece of evidence for those who do not beleive in the 'it'll be hanging over the mainland for much of Saturday' theory. Yes Wilma is suffering the effects of her feeder bands being over the mainland, but still, around 60-70% of her is still over the warm waters of the GOM. That is more than enough to keep her integrity as a strong Cat'3/4 storm. Forward motion is probably going to be little more than 2-3mph for the next 8-12 hours, after which Wilma will probably follow (broadly speaking) the LBAR track.

Well I'm off to bed, its been a very insightful and educational days viewing. Goodnight all.

Calrissian: even he has to sleep eventually

Wilma main thread - The Bug - 10-21-2005 09:34 PM

They have reported wind gusts in Cancun at 133 mph.... Sad

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 10:01 PM

I dont know why some of you think it will still over the open water, she will not. Even though she has stalled for the moment right on the coast of the mainland, Wilma will regain a slow drift wnw and wobble around the yucatan tip till tomorrow after when what is left of it (TS or Cat 1) will emerge at 89W drifting NW.

Wilma main thread - twiztidcabbie - 10-21-2005 10:19 PM

HurricaneWilma Wrote:And this had nothng to do with the major your bozo. The mayor is not a weather man. If relies on info from the hurricane center which was telling him 2 days before " don't worry about it, it is going to florida". Like i said he can;t move that many people that fast. NHC is to blame all the way.

umm...no...48 hours pre katrina max mayfield called nagin at home and asked him if he realized how dangerous the storm was and why he wasnt evacuating people. but, you know, thats how NO's government is: let's cover it up after the fact. anyway. this isnt what this forum is about and i won't comment on katrina in this thread again.
twiztidcabbie.

btw i am in the florida panhandle and we knew 3 days out that the forecast had moved to NO. why is it that they didnt know that?

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 10:22 PM

LOOKS LIKE IT IS MAKING LANDFALL TO ME !

Damn they should just pay me to forecast.

Also, for the record. Wilma will exit the coast as a Cat1 hurricane or TS ( i am saying between 50 - 80mph) considerably less then the NHC forecast of 100mph+)

LOL @ NHC.... 100 mph+ as it exits the coast. What are these baphoons thinking.

Wilma main thread - Daniel294 - 10-21-2005 10:26 PM

HurricaneWilma Wrote:LOOKS LIKE IT IS MAKING LANDFALL TO ME !

Damn they should just pay me to forecast.

Also, for the record. Wilma will exit the coast as a Cat1 hurricane or TS ( i am saying between 50 - 80mph) considerably less then the NHC forecast of 100mph+)

LOL @ NHC.... 100 mph+ as it exits the coast. What are these baphoons thinking.
1. Flat lands
2. Marshes

Combines for very little weakening.

Maybe 12-24 hours on land.

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 10:28 PM

twiztidcabbie Wrote:umm...no...48 hours pre katrina max mayfield called nagin at home and asked him if he realized how dangerous the storm was and why he wasnt evacuating people. but, you know, thats how NO's government is: let's cover it up after the fact. anyway. this isnt what this forum is about and i won't comment on katrina in this thread again.
twiztidcabbie.

btw i am in the florida panhandle and we knew 3 days out that the forecast had moved to NO. why is it that they didnt know that?

DUH, and the reason why he wasn't evacuating people 48 hours out is because that phone call was the first he was hearing from the clueless over at the NHC. I am from NO and i tracked Katrina the whole time. People went to sleep on thursday night with the NHC saying appolachacola florida and they said NOT COMING TO New ORLEANS. They even said we would see sunny skies that weekend with nice N 10mph wind... so why would the mayor watch the weather when the NHC wrote the storm off.. By Friday afternoon it was shifted to New Orleans. They couldn't act until Sat morning which is when evacuations started. We have a thing called phased evacuations, so they had to rush the outter areas out before the city could go.

[SIZE="5"]thanks to the NHC we didn;t have enough warning.. now how is this the mayors fault. I would course your a million times up and down but i don't want to get this post deleted, i want it to stay to show how stupid you are. but read between the lines at what i think of you. [/SIZE]

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 10:29 PM

Daniel294 Wrote:1. Flat lands
2. Marshes

Combines for very little weakening.

Maybe 12-24 hours on land.

24 hours on land, i don't care how flat the land, it will drop more then 140 - 100. It will drop to less then 80mph. watch and see.

Wilma main thread - Suzondabayou - 10-21-2005 10:35 PM

NOLA did know three days out. Some parishes called for evac of lower areas. Calling for an evac of all of New Orleans is a tough call. I feel that they did what they felt they could in the amount of time. I feel that NOLA did not think it through before calling the evac as in all evac plans there is transportation for those with none. People were left with no way to get out. NOLA also could of used the city buses to buse the evcs out of the city instead of bringing them to a central location for someone else to do it.

All cities since 911 have an emergancy plan and the plan written by NOLA and parishes around it did not follow their plan, If they would hav followed the plan, the death toll and those stranded would have been much lower.