Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-21-2005 11:38 PM

Hey Alabama, why do you think the track shifted southward yet the model consensus went further noth, significantly?

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 11:39 PM

Suzondabayou Wrote:NOLA did know three days out. Some parishes called for evac of lower areas. Calling for an evac of all of New Orleans is a tough call. I feel that they did what they felt they could in the amount of time. I feel that NOLA did not think it through before calling the evac as in all evac plans there is transportation for those with none. People were left with no way to get out. NOLA also could of used the city buses to buse the evcs out of the city instead of bringing them to a central location for someone else to do it.

All cities since 911 have an emergancy plan and the plan written by NOLA and parishes around it did not follow their plan, If they would hav followed the plan, the death toll and those stranded would have been much lower.

here is a recap for the people who think they know what happened but weren't there.

Thursday night: NHC says it will go to Florida Big bend.
Friday morning: models start trending west.
Friday afternoon/night : New Orleans now the target.
Saturday AM: outter parishes call evacuations.
Saturday PM: NO calls evacuations.
Sunday AM: NO calls Mandatory evacuation first time in history of the city.
Monday AM: hurricane hits.

now you are educated. NHC did not give us enough time.

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 11:45 PM

Suzondabayou Wrote:Wilma is an asshat..his/her head is stuck so far up his/her ***, that all they see is chit.

please try to refrain from coursing. that will get you booted.

PS don't hate the playa, hate the game. :confused:

Wilma main thread - ROLLTIDE - 10-21-2005 11:54 PM

what's going on with Wilma ? I need an update !

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-21-2005 11:59 PM

Just to get involved, even though it is off topic and ill appologize for that now.

Everyone needs to pay attention to the cone of error which involoved the eventual landfall zone on TUESDAY, nearly a week in advance.

The line moved there on midday Friday. Florida evacuated 3 million residents last year 28 hours, it can be done in NO with the 60 hours they got.

The NHC had this storm pegged 3 days out, 60-72 hours, which is better then they normally do. By pegged, I am refering to the line, not the forcast cone (which is what the NHC ways to refer to)

It is the local governments responsibility to handel this stuff which they didn't. At the end, you will find a list of things to research, I know what they are but do not wish to write an essay in a tropical weather board of the responsibility of Governments.

I agree with Brown who said "La. is disfunctional." He said that in the congressional hearings.

Which they are. It is the local governments responsibility to evacuate people, not the federal governments task. NOAA is a branch of the Federal Governments jurisdiction and therefore they did what they are supose to do, which is provide information to local and state governments in times of tropical things. Keep in mind, the cone had New Orleans in it from day one.

Things to look up

Definition of 'Federalism'
Definition of 'New Federalism'
NHC mission statment
NHC track archieve found here: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/KATRINA_graphics.shtml
Also, read the 'Constitution of the United States of America' while your at it.

Chris Roderick - Louisiana is a disfunctional state/
First year met school.

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-21-2005 11:59 PM

she is basically stalled and wobbling. Last 2 hours has wobbled / drifted west onto land. Should see a rapid decline in strenght over the next 24 hours as it wobbles over land and emerges into the GOM at 89W tomorrow night.

Forecastor Wilma

Wilma main thread - Alex - 10-22-2005 12:04 AM

We are talking about Wilma here, and let's try to remain focused on the storm at hand. Please take the dicussion about Hurricane Katrina evacuation times and such into a separate thread. Yes, there are worthwhile comparisons between the situation in Louisiana and the scope of evacuation for Florida, but the opinions about what Mayor Nagin did, the time the NHC allocated, and the like should be relagated to another thread. Thanks.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-22-2005 12:06 AM

I agree aaroads, i couldnt help myself though after reading it for the past 3 hours. I appologize once again.

The eyewall of Wilma continues to contract and it appears within the last sat frames that the system is meandering back to the North to NNW.

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-22-2005 12:10 AM

Chris48 Wrote:Just to get involved, even though it is off topic and ill appologize for that now.

Everyone needs to pay attention to the cone of error which involoved the eventual landfall zone on TUESDAY, nearly a week in advance.

The line moved there on midday Friday. Florida evacuated 3 million residents last year 28 hours, it can be done in NO with the 60 hours they got.

The NHC had this storm pegged 3 days out, 60-72 hours, which is better then they normally do. By pegged, I am refering to the line, not the forcast cone (which is what the NHC ways to refer to)

It is the local governments responsibility to handel this stuff which they didn't. At the end, you will find a list of things to research, I know what they are but do not wish to write an essay in a tropical weather board of the responsibility of Governments.

I agree with Brown who said "La. is disfunctional." He said that in the congressional hearings.

Which they are. It is the local governments responsibility to evacuate people, not the federal governments task. NOAA is a branch of the Federal Governments jurisdiction and therefore they did what they are supose to do, which is provide information to local and state governments in times of tropical things. Keep in mind, the cone had New Orleans in it from day one.

Things to look up

Definition of 'Federalism'
Definition of 'New Federalism'
NHC mission statment
NHC track archieve found here: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/KATRINA_graphics.shtml
Also, read the 'Constitution of the United States of America' while your at it, that will help with the understanding of a lot of this stuff.

Chris Roderick - Louisiana is a disfunctional state/
First year met school.

yaddaa yadddaa yaddaa

the NHC is suppose to be pretty accurate 3 days or less from landfall.

[Image: 12.AL1205W5.GIF]

30 hours out... you can call that in the "cone". But even the NHC was saying " it's going to florida". They blew it every step of the way. go see foryourself http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/KATRINA_graphics.shtml

Wilma main thread - Suzondabayou - 10-22-2005 12:11 AM

I aplogize for flying off regarding the sarcastic comments to many here by a particular poster. I feel if there is a beef, then take it private.

Sorry!