Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-22-2005 12:16 AM

Chris48 Wrote:I agree aaroads, i couldnt help myself though after reading it for the past 3 hours. I appologize once again.

The eyewall of Wilma continues to contract and it appears within the last sat frames that the system is meandering back to the North to NNW.

N or NNW ? what are you looking at ??

The last 2 hours (4 frames) has been [SIZE="7"]DUE WEST[/SIZE]

see foryourself. i have no clue what in the world you see there that makes you say N or NNW ???????? [SIZE="5"]? [/SIZE]

since it left the tip of the island is has moved ever so slow west. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

are you wish casting ... i just don't see the N ?

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-22-2005 12:18 AM

HurricaneWilma Wrote:yaddaa yadddaa yaddaa

the NHC is suppose to be pretty accurate 3 days or less from landfall.

[Image: 12.AL1205W5.GIF]

30 hours out... you can call that in the "cone". But even the NHC was saying " it's going to florida". They blew it every step of the way. go see foryourself http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/KATRINA_graphics.shtml

Katrina is gone done with adios so leave LA alone let them rebuild so maybe I can go back and leave politics out or take it to the anything goes forum.....GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wilma main thread - Alex - 10-22-2005 12:19 AM

The eye is clouding up and it's hinted toward a west movement, perhaps a few miles. It's just a wobble, and doesn't mean a trend persay.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-22-2005 12:20 AM

I got a different weather sat, one that about 40 minutes ahead of what your looking at, real time in a sence. As the eye contracts, the center is moving towards the east. The red dots on the image below is only a halg hour movment but it is due north. The dots represent the center, however it could be the contraction of the center that causes it to appear that way.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-22-2005 12:20 AM

Wilma has missed another trough. Maybe the next one will bring her N.

Wilma main thread - Daniel294 - 10-22-2005 12:21 AM

aaroads Wrote:The eye is clouding up and it's hinted toward a west movement, perhaps a few miles. It's just a wobble, and doesn't mean a trend persay.
The eye has been contracting for a long time. Most likely an ERC. Convection has gotten stronger in the main body of the hurricane at the same time.

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-22-2005 12:22 AM

ok now the center is moving to the east???

2 mins ago you said N and NNW.

Now you have a satellite that can see into the furture a half an hour ???

you da man! care to share that with us ?

Wilma main thread - Alex - 10-22-2005 12:23 AM

Alabamaboy Wrote:Wilma has missed another trough. Maybe the next one will bring her N.

Are you referring to the cold front that appears to have stalled along the Gulf Coast? Perhaps that's just the wall, and the next front over Kansas is the one to kick it north and east. Thoughts?

Wilma main thread - HurricaneWilma - 10-22-2005 12:24 AM

Daniel294 Wrote:The eye has been contracting for a long time. Most likely an ERC. Convection has gotten stronger in the main body of the hurricane at the same time.

thats funny. the eye has been contracting because the hurricane is interracting with land the last 12+ hours. It is called weakening.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-22-2005 12:25 AM

Well, Wilma, the SSD sat updates come in every 30 minutes and are usualy 45-30 behind real time. NASA provided them ever 10-15 minutes and only 10 minutes behind time, you do the math. I posted an image below, go see. it was in another post.

current time, 05:26 utc
SSD 04:15
NASA 05:15

The link that was posted is OLD, by an hour.