Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-22-2005 03:20 PM

Here are the latest model runs as of 22/18Z

Wilma main thread - soonermeteor - 10-22-2005 03:29 PM

bobbo4554 Wrote:looks like her center is about back over water.

Sooner-Yes that is very sad and i feel for those people i just hope most of them heeded the warnings so that their homes were the only things that were lost. I hope we dont see a big loss of life from this storm.

but thats one of the problems bobbo, i dont know if they could get warnings.... they dont have any forms of communications and there are hundreds of little towns all over the countriside there.....

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-22-2005 03:31 PM

hmm.
The LBAR with the more gentle curve eastward makes more sense to me. I don't buy all this 90' hard turn stuff, yet storms do sometimes make sharp turns, but usually its somewhat more gradual.

LBAR, yep, thats the one for me.
Meanwhile, looks like finally Wilma's centre is now just offshore. With sunset soon, just what level of reintensification might we see. We have a reasonable strong Cat'2 storm, Cat'4 certainly seems plausible.

Calrissian: hoping those locals in Cancun...and all around Yucatan are okay

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-22-2005 04:17 PM

for brevard count in east central florida

News Release
Saturday, October 22, 2005, 4:15 p.m.

EVACUATION, CLOSINGS

Mandatory Evacuation
The Brevard County Board of County Commissioners has declared a mandatory evacuation, effective at 10:00 a.m. Sunday, October 23, of all mobile homes and manufactured housing in the county. We do not anticipate an evacuation of the barrier islands.

Closings
Brevard County public schools, the Brevard Campus of the University of Central Florida, Brevard Community College, all county government offices and YMCA will be closed Monday, October 24, based on current wind and weather forecasts.

For updated information in Brevard County, call 211.

Wilma main thread - Alabamaboy - 10-22-2005 04:29 PM

Here are the latest positions cone error and strike probabilities as of 5:00PM EST by the NHC

Wilma main thread - HoumaLA_WXguy - 10-22-2005 04:53 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir2-loop.html

Convection firing up in the NE quadrant.. Looks like she's going to make a big comeback when she gets out over water..

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-22-2005 05:34 PM

oh yes, Wilma is certainly making her comeback this night.
If she ever to regain her former glory...now is the time.
---
*a shame that a few of the latest frames on the loops seem to be blank.

Cal: watching CBS4

Wilma main thread - CoastieMoose - 10-22-2005 05:41 PM

well according to alabama's post...tampa has 24% and naples has 25%, history repeats itself, hurricane party time

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-22-2005 05:48 PM

yep she looks like she may regain some of that lost power butthe big question is where and how strong will she be whe she finally hits us. Also how long will she stay over land and how much damage will she do?

Wilma main thread - Dgenx321 - 10-22-2005 05:58 PM

She should be moving pretty fast by the time she makes it to Fla.