Hardcore Weather
Wilma main thread - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Tropical Weather (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wilma main thread (/thread-3952.html)

Wilma main thread - bobbo4554 - 10-23-2005 11:23 AM

Calrissian Wrote:hmm.
looking at the Dvorak' Wilma has a good strong West and Northern Flank, plenty active development. If only Wilma can just get that eastside a bit more integrated, we'd be looking at a much more cohesive storm, one that will better survive the shear from that nasty cold front just to the north.

Looks like Tampa Bay is safe, aside from the odd tornado that might wander by.

nobody is safe until this storm makes landfall move the track a bit north or expand the wind field and boom tampa is no longer safe so dont say we are safe just yet

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-23-2005 11:46 AM

ohh, don't misunderstand. I was touting for Tampa Bay people to get out last Wednesday! I think anyone currently in Tampa would have to be somewhat reckless, since Wilma could easily resist immediate straight forward landfall and instead slip a little northward.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-23-2005 11:56 AM

URNT12 KNHC 231650
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 23/16:34:30Z
B. 22 deg 54 min N
085 deg 40 min W
C. 700 mb 2788 m
D. 65 kt
E. 45 deg 089 nm
F. 140 deg 080 kt
G. 045 deg 097 nm
H. 963 mb
I. 12 C/ 3041 m
J. 14 C/ 3048 m
K. 14 C/ NA
L. CLOSED
M. CO10-60
N. 12345/ 7
O. 0.02 / 2 nm
P. AF304 2124A WILMA OB 14
MAX FL WIND 90 KT NE QUAD 15:35:30
INNER EYEWALL STILL DEVELOPING - OPEN WEST. OUTER EYEWALL IS CLOSED.

Wilma main thread - Calrissian - 10-23-2005 11:59 AM

From the various loops, looks like there is a 70% stable ring of development, and things are looking more coherent for Wilma. She is looking a touch more 'secure', even the visual image offers a somewhat 'startling' view of a mighty storm to the SW of Florida. Far from a lame Cat'1 that some believed might hit the keys, this is one intense big storm.

The next 3-6 hours of development will be amazing to follow.

Wilma main thread - Suzondabayou - 10-23-2005 12:07 PM

Praying for each of you in Florida. I know your nerves are shot. Stay safe and let us know you're OK after.

Wilma main thread - Chris48 - 10-23-2005 12:12 PM

Shes wont repidly intensify, the large core would not support that, but because that core is so large, it could mean a huge increase in the wind field with any speed she gathers.

Wilma main thread - mavidal - 10-23-2005 12:15 PM

Well, that was not too bad, it took us just an hour and half to put up my daughters shutters (last time it was 3 hours.) I guess practice makes perfect! :-)

You'll laugh but I never took my shutters down from the windows after Rita, just had this feeling. I did take down the ones on the french doors and the front door, so I'm going to put those up now, since I figure I'm going to have a good SW, then SE wind tonight and all day tomorrow.

My youngest one took her shutters down from her windows, so those are the only ones I need to put up, whenever she gets home.

Weather here is typical pre storm now, bunch of cumulus, hot, humid with a good breeze from the SE.

The rest of you on this board from FL, good luck, this is going to be an interesting ride to say the least.

Mike V.

Wilma main thread - mavidal - 10-23-2005 12:28 PM

A friend on a corvette mailing list that I manage sent this, thought it was funny.

Gotta have some fun with this, as this hurricane stuff is just getting old for me (as in doing the shutters, gas, food etc.)

Mike V

Wilma main thread - mavidal - 10-23-2005 12:38 PM

LI Phil Wrote:im sure those in cozumel and cancun will appreciate it

This was not dirrected at them, and if you can't laugh in the face of adveristy man, you have a problem.

I can tell you from first hand experience that you have too look at the lighter side of stuff like this, or you will end up locked up in a padded room.

Mike V.

Wilma main thread - Llarion - 10-23-2005 12:56 PM

mavidal Wrote:Well, that was not too bad, it took us just an hour and half to put up my daughters shutters (last time it was 3 hours.) I guess practice makes perfect! :-)

You'll laugh but I never took my shutters down from the windows after Rita, just had this feeling.

Mike V.

Why would I laugh? I left all but 2 storm shutters down from the scare when Katrina swept by... I just inished the rest of it. I can do the whole house in about 45 minutes now; I got it down to a science last year...

Is it me, or is the recent loop trending more ENE then NE? It's looking more like a Keys/tip of the state sort of thing on that line...

Come on cold front, come down and knock this thing into the Florida Strait!!