Hurricanes
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Hurricanes
Hope this is not a really stupid question but I got to ask it anyways. Here it goes. I am getting married in September and we are going to a beach in South Carolina. With all of the talk about hurricanes and all what are the odds that SC will get hit in September? I know that there are models out there that give an idea about how many and how strong etc., but how close to the wedding date of the 15th will I know that we will be safe to go there?

[Image: we6ap.jpg]

[Image: 7149714_2135954.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Hurricanes
The best thing to do is go ahead and plan the wedding. Keep up on the tropical weather outlook, and especially if tropical development begins to threaten the area within a few days. Have a plan to relocate the wedding inland and away from the threat, just in case. Within a couple days of the event you will know your plans are in the drink.
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Hurricanes
ollie1236 Wrote:The best thing to do is go ahead and plan the wedding. Keep up on the tropical weather outlook, and especially if tropical development begins to threaten the area within a few days. Have a plan to relocate the wedding inland and away from the threat, just in case. Within a couple days of the event you will know your plans are in the drink.

Thanks for the help on this one. The wedding is actually here where I live in TN. Just a little worried that the honeymoon might get washed out. Needed a little advice since I am not to keen on hurricanes.

[Image: we6ap.jpg]

[Image: 7149714_2135954.jpg]
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Hurricanes
That week is the peak of hurricane season Smile

Twitter updates we will follow you back
http://twitter.com/Hardcoreweather
Now on Facebook We will like you back
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardcorewe...466?v=wall

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user