Tornado warning was not issued
10-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Sunday afternoon a small but weak tornado touched down near Blair,ok it was captured live on KFOR channel 4 in Oklahoma City.Mike Morgan had live coverage for a good two hours on this storm and others.I was surprised that the NWS did not issue a tornado warning.Does anyone know why the NWS didn't issue a warning?The way I see it Mike Morgan did a better job than the NWS.Perhaps this is one time when the NWS failed to do their job. Thank God for Mike Morgan and the KFOR weather team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Must not have picked up on the low level rotation. It's a common thing. There are many times when rotation is embedded in a squall line. NWS can't be 100% right all the time. Did it actually show it touching down?

Jeremy Ludin

FuriousSkies.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2007, 04:47 PM
yes it was observed touching the ground live on tv.And it was spotted by a kfor meteorologist.KFOR was tracking the storm before it produced a tornado.The tornado lasted about 5 or ten minutes.
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
hmmmm. no storm report

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/071014_rpts.html
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
No storm report, but I know that a tornado did touch down cause I watched it live on kfor channel 4 in Oklahoma City.Kfor tracked this storm for awhile.I have no idea why the nws did not issue a tornado warning.My nephew also watched it on kfor.
10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
crossmaker69 Wrote:No storm report, but I know that a tornado did touch down cause I watched it live on kfor channel 4 in Oklahoma City.Kfor tracked this storm for awhile.I have no idea why the nws did not issue a tornado warning.My nephew also watched it on kfor.
Then I don't know why there was not a storm report on it. Are you sure they were not showing weather highlights from the past year. Just kidding
10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
LOL...No kfor was watching this storm and it did have a small but weak spinup and it did reach the ground,kfor called it a tornado and I would have to agree.And this storm was also pulling up a lot of dirt/dust upward into itself.You could see it rise up from the ground and then it produced a very brief tornado.