make a doppler radar... :D
08-03-2006, 10:18 PM
hi guys, i like to know if someone knows how to build a home made doppler radar, or if there is a economical doppler to buy..

Its sound crazy /thumbup ..

thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Why not use some weather software like Swift Wx it would probably be alot cheaper then trying what you want to do.

Good Luck,

SevereWx
08-09-2006, 08:11 AM
On the other hand, that would definitely be a interesting project. A big project, but a very interesting one.

SEVER IDAHO!

http://www.thesugarbuzzproject.net

Please read it. It might just save your...ah, who am I kidding. It won't benefit mankind at all. But it might make you laugh...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Swiftwx sucks get stormlab.
08-16-2006, 10:54 PM
crossmaker69 Wrote:Swiftwx sucks get stormlab.

I have to agree.... StormLab is my favorite.. especially the Version 4.0 coming out soon/champ
08-17-2006, 12:01 PM
wwstewart Wrote:On the other hand, that would definitely be a interesting project. A big project, but a very interesting one.

Completely agree. I think it would be a ball to look in to and build, but then again, I get in to that kinda thing/hitit . Sorry ivc, cant really answer your question though.
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Does anyone really know when stormlab 4.0 is going to be released?They are not talking much over at interwarn.Have a good one...
08-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Cross and Ares....

Have you tried the latest version of SwiftWx? v2.6? It's really quite an improvement over past versions (I tried a much earlier version and didn't like it at all). However, I personally like it much better than StormLab v3.1. I'll have to wait along with everyone else to compare it to SL v4.0.

It's worth a look if you haven't tried it in awhile....

jamierob
08-17-2006, 10:34 PM
jamierob Wrote:Hey Cross and Ares....

Have you tried the latest version of SwiftWx? v2.6? It's really quite an improvement over past versions (I tried a much earlier version and didn't like it at all). However, I personally like it much better than StormLab v3.1. I'll have to wait along with everyone else to compare it to SL v4.0.

It's worth a look if you haven't tried it in awhile....

jamierob

Yes, I was even a beta tester... I like it, don't get me wrong... but it's just too sluggish and doesnt have smoothing, sorted storm attributes, or timely watches and warnings
08-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Ares,
I have never compared the warnings to Stormlab, however, I have checked Swift against my weather radio and it gets warnings as fast or faster than it which naturally makes it a bunch faster than TV.

As for the sortable storm attributes....you do have that ability in Swift. I picked it back up with v2.5 and it's been there in v2.5 and v2.6.

Any other problems that you had with it or things that you really seem to like about Stormlab better? I think he's done a lot to address any previous shortcomings of Swift very well.

Just my 2 cents....

jamierob