El Nino?
09-14-2006, 06:18 PM
El Nino?
I have heard talk of El Nino developing. Can someone provide more information? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2006, 07:11 PM
El Nino?
Yep, I saw an article a couple of days ago that said we are definitely developing an El Nino. All the signs are there though..active Pacific storms, nonactive Atlantic storms..or storms that get sheared. Explains why our hurricane season is slow this year.
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
El Nino?
Does that mean a very snowy winter?
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
El Nino?
A good read from the Climate Prediction Center: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/an...index.html

Quote:[FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Some impacts from the developing El Niño are already evident in the pattern of tropical precipitation. During the last 30 days drier-than-average conditions have been observed across all of Indonesia, Malaysia and most of the Philippines, which are usually the first areas to experience ENSO-related impacts. This dryness can be expected to continue, on average, for the remainder of 2006.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
El Nino?
Doesnt fail.... a blizzard in Colorado with an El Nino.

The last 3 blizzards to hit Denver: '97, '03, '06.

Last 3 El Nino's: '97 ( very strong one), '03, '06.

" There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not fear to do or say what you believe." - Winston Churchill

"In the history of the world, the true test of a civilization is how well people treat the most vulnerable and most helpless in their society. The sponsors and supporters of this bill believe that abortion is wrong because unborn children are the most vulnerable and most helpless persons in our society. I agree with them." - Mike Rounds, Governor of South Dakota
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
El Nino?
OK, so is the pattern projected to continue into hurricane season, or does it weaken for a more active hurricane season?
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
El Nino?
I heard somewhere that it was weakening which is not good for hurricane season.

http://carlosmencia.com/content/videos.php?id=66

Dee dee dee
Dee dee dee